Flammable liquids must be stored safely in a suitable flammable safety cabinet. The flammable safety cabinet holds an important role in order to keep flammable liquids under the safest condition.
The cabinets isolate flammable liquids or chemicals from other chemicals, which may be incompatible. This means that selection of the most suitable flammable safety cabinets is very crucial.
The following tips will help you in making good selection on the best flammable safety cabinets for your own purposes, both for the laboratory or chemical warehouse.
- Before making a choice, identify the all the flammable liquids or materials.
- Find out what standards apply for flammable safety cabinets you will choose.
- Ensure approval rating label on the flammable safety cabinets, whether they are used for flammable liquid or solid.
- Do not use the safety cabinets for other flammable chemicals except what have mentioned in the approval label.
- A flammable safety cabinet can only contain flammable materials with the same hazard class.
- Choose cabinets that are designed to contain liquid spills.
- Check whether they can release flammable liquid vapor or fume to a designated safe area.
- If you require flammable safety cabinets that can hold minor explosion, make sure you can buy with that specification.
- For highly flammable materials, it is required that the cabinets are equipped with seals to prevent air from entering and avoid spontaneous ignition.
- Choose self closing flammable safety cabinets. They will greatly help you when you forget to close the cover.
- Buy only high quality safety cabinets. Do not put safety workers’ and the plant on risks by buying the poor quality cabinets.
Making the right selection on flammable safety cabinets is just the first step on flammable liquid safety handling. Later you need to schedule regular clean up and maintenance program for these cabinets.